Disability Rights Fund: Call for Proposals
The Disability Rights Fund (DRF) seeks to strengthen the participation of Disabled Persons’ Organizations (DPOs) in the advancement of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) at country level in the Global South and Eastern Europe/former Soviet Union.
The 2010 “Moving Rights Forward” grant cycle will consist of two grantmaking rounds:
- The first grantmaking round (described below) is directed at DPOs in Indonesia, Mexico, Ukraine and eligible states and cities in India (Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and the National Capital Territory of Delhi). The deadline for Small Grants applications for this round is Monday, 29 March 2010 at 24:00 (midnight) your time. The deadline for National Coalition Grants applications for this round is Monday, 12 April 2010 at 24:00 (midnight) your time.
- The RFP for the second grantmaking round will be publicized in July 2010.
Applicants can apply as:
a) single organizations or partnerships for Small Grants; and/or
b) national DPO-led coalitions for National Coalition Grants.
Single organizations or partnerships can apply for 12-month grants ranging from USD 5,000 to 20,000 to:
Increase DPO skill in addressing the CRPD by
(a) building more inclusive organizations or partnerships; and/or
(b) internal capacity building; and
Do rights-based advocacy and monitoring through:
(a) increasing DPO participation in decision-making processes regarding the CRPD at state or local levels; and/or
(b) directly addressing implementation of CRPD Articles.
National DPO-led coalitions can apply for 24-month grants ranging from USD 30,000 to 50,000 per year (USD 60,000 – 100,000 over the course of 24 months) to work on: ratification of the CRPD, passage of specific legislation to accord with the CRPD, or the production of an alternative/parallel report.
DRF supports projects that demonstrate a clear ability and commitment to contribute to the advancement of the human rights of persons with disabilities. Grants provide one- or two-year, project-specific support. Cross-disability and other partnerships in-country are strongly encouraged, as are projects which address particularly marginalized sectors of the disability community.
BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Read the RFPs carefully before completing the application form. Select the appropriate application form (Small Grants or National Coalition Grants).
- Identify the priority area (as described in the RFP) that best connects with the main objective of your proposal. PROJECTS MUST IDENTIFY THE LINK BETWEEN PROPOSED ACTIVITIES AND DRF PRIORITY AREA(S)!
- Carefully review frequently-asked questions (FAQs) available here.
- Contact DRF at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question that is not addressed in the FAQ or if you need any other type of advice.
- Make sure you understand the deadlines for applications. Please note that deadlines for the Small Grants and National Coalition Grants applications are different.
- Make sure you complete the application checklist boxes, included at the beginning of the application form, before submitting your application.
- Have the organization’s representative sign the application before submitting it.
- IF YOU ARE SUBMITING YOUR APPLICATION ELECTRONICALLY, SUBMIT IT IN ONLY ONE EMAIL, WHEN POSSIBLE. MAKE SURE THAT THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE CLEARLY IDENTIFIES THE NAME OF YOUR ORGANIZATION AND COUNTRY. IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT SEVERAL EMAILS OR SEVERAL DOCUMENTS WITHIN ONE EMAIL, MAKE SURE YOU NAME EACH EMAIL/DOCUMENT WITH THE NAME OF YOUR ORGANIZATION AND COUNTRY.