- User info
Calling all trans and allied folks who want more from society:
Pastiche Foundation is looking for people who want to share their voice, experience and talent as Pastiche works to increase support for gender variant people and those who love them in Thurston County (and beyond!). You can learn more about the Foundation at the end of this email!
Pastiche Foundation is a Regional Health Information Organization focused on gender variance, organized into five groups:
1. The Business Consulting arm of Pastiche will help develop trans-competence in academic, corporate, human services, municipal, religious, social, and other types of organizations;
2. The Drop-In Center will provide safe space, crisis supplies, and Human Services referrals for adults in LGBT communities as well as work- and meeting- space for organizations that serve LGBT and allied communities.
3. The Information section will begin by creating and publishing a database of Washington Counselors, Endocrinologists, General Practitioners, Psychologists, Surgeons, and other medical practitioners that serve transgender individuals; it will then advertise trans-friendly businesses (on a low-cost basis) and extend the database nationally.
4. The Legal section will work toward medical legislation that protects the needs of Trans individuals via advocacy, networking, organization, and training the public.
5. The outreach section, Project: Transitions, will raise funds for gender confirmation treatment of trans individuals. They will oversee distribution of those funds through a grant process, and coordinate community outreach for the Foundation.
- Member for
- 10 years 10 weeks